What is Chiropractic?
We are health care professionals regulated by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) that have attained University level Master’s Degree. Chiropractors diagnose and treat neuro-musculoskeletal conditions of the human body. Chiropractic is a manual therapy that primarily uses the adjustment of the spine and other articulations of the body. However, it is not limited to adjustments; there are plenty of ancillary techniques which is tailored to each patient. These ancillary techniques we use are: Remedial massage, dry needling, SFMA, Exercise rehabilitation and correction, rigid and kinesio taping techniques. Our office is located in the inner west area of Sydney and is perfectly placed if you’re in Leichhardt, Marrickville, Petersham, Summer Hill or Dulwich Hill.
The World Federation of Chiropractic define Chiropractic
A health profession concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health. There is an emphasis on manual treatments including spinal adjustment and other joint and soft-tissue manipulation.
Common conditions we care for?
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck and Shoulder Pain,
- Headeaches and Migraines,
- Tennis and Golfers Elbow,
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/Wrist & Hand pain,
- Knee Pain and Ankle Sprains
- Sports Injuries,
- Repetitive Strain Injuries,
- Pregnancy strains and pains,
- Preventative care,
- Postural problems.
Chiropractic is great for the Spine, but not limited to the Spine!
There are many that believe chiropractic treatment is only for the Spine. At Chirofix we have a special interest in sports injuries and also upper and lower limbs injuries. Headaches and Migraines are other conditions we can help manage successfully. It is also common to hear people say “It’s a muscle problem, therefore chiropractor is not for me”. At Chirofix we almost always treat the soft-tissues as well as joints, such as muscle spasms, tears and contusions. None the less our body systems are interlinked, Muscles attaches to bones which makes joints move, therefore the adjustments not only trigger certain neurological receptors that reflexively reduces muscles stiffness, but it also improves joint movement and allows for muscles to do their job easier.
What is Chirofix’s approach to Chiropractic care?
We pinpoint the area of pain through a series of physical examination tests, including structural analysis, neurological and orthopaedic exam, chiropractic examniation. The important part is to find out why that area of pain has broken down, therefore we are interested in how you move; how your joints move, and how your muscles and neurological system are functioning. This functional approach allows us to get to the root cause of the problem, providing better results in the long run.
What techniques are used by our chiropractor?
We’re not limited to spinal adjustments, but use a mix of a variety of manual therapy techniques to best suit you and your condition. We do NOT impose techniques you are not comfortable with – we work with you.
- Chiropractic spinal adjusting techniques
- Soft tissue release techniques
- Joint mobilisation
- Dry needling (Western Acupuncture)
- Strapping and Taping
- Functional movement assessment
- Prescription of exercises, stretching and breathing techniques
- Workplace ergonomic advice
- Exercise rehabilitation.
We’re perfectly positioned for in the heart of Sydney’s Inner West from Dulwich Hill, Marrickville, Petersham to Summer Hill and Leichhardt.
What is Physitrack?
Physitrack is an exercise prescription program that makes life easier for you to do the exercises.
- Clearly narrated videos remind you of correct exercise technique.
- Automatic in-app, SMS or email reminders keep you motivated and on track.
- Increased motivation helps to improve your adherence
- Exercise programs are tailored for you
- Receive the program by an email
- Exercise efficiently wherever you are, whenever you want using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Secure, cloud-based platform that keeps your data safe.